Monday, January 17, 2011

Back to the blog!


It's hard to believe that such a little thing could create such major changes in your life (and body), but this little one has definitely made an impact! We are so excited to be expecting our third child in June and this beautiful photo of him/her was taken at 10 weeks. At that time, I could barely stand because I felt so bad! Thankfully, I am 17 weeks now and feeling much better...my hubby and kids are so happy to have me back. We'll be finding out if we need blue or pink very soon! :)

Here are a few highlights of the past couple months when blogging was the last thing on my mind...

-We enjoyed our trip to Texas for Thanksgiving. I wasn't the life of the party, but it was still wonderful to see family and friends.
-The boys got to ride a train into Chicago (Sawyer's dream come true) with Grandma, Grandpa and Uncle Tim. They loved the sights, XMAS decor, Lego Land, the Shedd Aquarium and swimming in the hotel pool. I loved not getting out of bed for 3 days!
-We had a wonderful Christmas and the boys were enthralled with the entire season. They literally did not want to leave the house for a few days after Santa's visit because they were so enamored with their new toys!
-I'm working a part-time job where I mentor/teach/befriend teenage moms. It is very rewarding and humbling, and still lets be home with my boys 95% of the time.
-Scott got two grants awarded to him and has several other grants and papers in review...so proud of Dr. Egan
-Scott and I got the flu...boo!
-And the boys...well they're funnier than ever! We have bunk beds set up in Jack's room now and thanks to Grandma and Grandpa it's painted and ready for Sawyer to move in (now are we ready??)

More updates to come (I promise), but here is a recent pic of each boy. Jack basking in the glow of XMAS morning and Sawyer falling in love with a leg of chicken!



1 comment:

Kara said...

We are so excited for y'all! Sometimes change is an awesome thing.

Oh, and welcome to the minivan club!