Thursday, February 2, 2012

Silly day

My kindergartner has bounded out the door for school every morning this year. Today he woke up and said, "Could we just make it a silly day, and I stay home with you, Sawyer and Grace?" I said yes before he could even finish his sentence.

On his silly day, Jack counted his money (at least three times), wrote love letters to Daddy and Gracie, read books, entertained his brother and sister, rode his bike through the neighborhood, enjoyed his swing set/trampoline, played with his cars, obsessed over tail fins (spoilers) on cars and enjoyed a Curious George or two. There were a couple rough spots during the day, but today left me yearning for some more "silly" days with my big boy.

Here's a pic of Jack with his new Build-A-Bear, Camo. He's often seen sporting underwear around our house!

No comments: