Saturday, November 7, 2009

Forever friends






















Tonight I had the privilege of seeing Jack as he relished his time with his first true best friend, Cooper. We took Cooper out with us on an adventure...playtime at the Dragon Park (running, mud, chalk, fighting dragons, etc.), dinner at The Dog, yummy ice cream, and a CVS trip that the boys thought was magical together. It was so special to see them together as they now truly play together and carry on their own conversations. Jack and Cooper have been friends since July 11, 2006...the day Jack was born. They've grown up together these past 3 years and have shared countless holidays and experiences together. They were brothers before they really had little brothers.

I am so excited for what the future holds in store for our family and the Barons, but I am heartbroken to split these little boys up. I know that they will always be close because Amanda is my sister, but I am certain that Jack will experience a loss in less than two weeks when he separates from his best pal, Cooper. I'm so sorry, Jack, and I will be there to hold you when you miss your friend.

2 comments:

Always A New Day said...

Okay...that made me tear up. Griffin will be here to hold any hands that need it when/if you come this way!! LOVE YOU

Amy Cheek said...

Oh, Jen! We will pray for Jack and Cooper. So sad for them, but you know they will have a bond forever. . . and by the time they are our age, they can be blogging and facebooking equivalent to each other to keep up. ha haa!