Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Back in business...kind of!


We've now been "settled" in South Bend for a week, so I guess the nomad excuse is out the window. Just in time...I can now blame my lack of blog entries on the snow. I lost my camera on our first outing out in the backyard. Just a little tip...don't leave your camera in your pocket while trying to teach your three year old how to make snow angels.

The pic of Jack is one that his fabulous new teacher, Mrs. Grall, sent today of him stencil painting at school. He really seems to have transitioned well and that's made me one happy mommy. The sweet pic of my baby boy, Sawyer was on XMAS Eve. I'll have some new shots of the little man (who seems to be looking a little leaner these days??) by this weekend when I get a new camera.

So a few updates...
-We had an amazing time with family and friends in TX. It was truly perfect.
-Scott if officially FINISHED with school!!!!! AMEN!
-We love our new house in Indiana and all the white stuff on the ground...Jack has asked a couple times, "Is winter going to be forever?" I'm hoping it's just an interest in seasons since we have a ways to go before springtime here in the Midwest.
-Basements are the best thing ever for children (and their parents!)
-We have lots of space for guests...so come and see us!

And on a final note, I am debating about changing the name of our family blog??? We are still technically the TN Egans since our boys are TN natives (that's 50% of our family), and we have a circle of people that we love back "home." Any thoughts or suggestions?

I promise (or at least really try to promise) to blog more now that we're home. Strange...very strange.

4 comments:

Amy Cheek said...

JEN.i.FER! I am so glad you posted. I have been wondering about you guys and your move. How wonderful that Jack seems to be making the chage well! They are so precious! I don't know how you do it. How is the new home? Do post picture and tell. Want to know what it's like living up there! As far as the name, I was wondering if you'd change it, but you know. . . even better for the new family and friends you will make there. Keep them confused a little :-) TX, TN, where ever!! Love you guys! Let's catch up with you catch a break . . haa ha!

Always A New Day said...

Hi love!

So glad to see everyone settling in - I know that pic of Jack makes you so happy! We miss you terribly and loved seeing you over the break. Can't wait to come visit!!

As for the name - how about:
1. Luck of the Egans (get it?? Like the Fighting Irish and they say the Luck of the Irish)
2. Everyday Egans

Love you :)

Lori B. said...

Let me know if you change the name of your blog... I've been thinking we should probably do that too, since it is no longer just about DRAKE BARRETT anymore!

Congrats on everything!
XOXO

Sarah Wilson said...

I'm brainstorming a new name for you, too. Glad to see/hear things are going well. The boys looks amazing - and grown up in just a couple months, since I've seen them. Love & miss, s