Thursday, April 1, 2010

Where did my baby go?

It's been awhile...I know, I know. I am waiting to inherit Scott's old MAC, so I'm limited in computer hours. I'll keep trying!

We had Jack's school conference today. We're absolutely in love with his new school and his teachers. Thankfully (but not surprising to his parents :), they are love with him, too. Jack was officially called the boy's social butterfly of the class (where does he get this?)...this is a big change since he seemed a little on the shy side at his last school. He's writing his name and many other letters now, he's starting to read (memorize), talk about patterns non-stop, understand addition and subtraction and more. Most importantly he is just having a blast and is excited that he'll get to go to school more next year...five mornings a week. His teacher really feels like he's kindergarten bound on time, and I'm 98% convinced.

Gone are the days of my little baby, although he still loves to snuggle with me while I tickle his back and we talk about our days (or most recently witches, Snow White, pirates, Disney World, Cooper and Cameron, trips to TX to see our family, locking the door, new friends and his upcoming birthday party). Occasionally, he'll even let me carry him up the stairs before nap time (aka. play quietly in your room and give mommy a break time). Each time that I do, he lays his head on my shoulder. I think we both like to hold on to a piece of that past. I'll take it as long as I can.

2 comments:

Cindy/Gary Rooks said...

Not at all surprised that Jack is the "social butterfly"!! We need more pics/info on Sawyer!!

Amy Cheek said...

Aw... so sweet. Love it.