Monday, August 30, 2010

And the Emmy goes to...


Scott Egan...most amazing husband and father of the year!

Like many of the hours of our day, this blog centers on our children. Scott and I treasure the moments we have alone, but love this time of being a foursome. I truly marvel at the man I married...it may embarrass him, but here are a few of his recent triumphs as a husband, father and scientist.

-Upon receiving a phone call from his sobbing wife in the Walmart parking lot (who had just gotten sick outside of the car and was devastated to be ill on her son's second b-day), Scott picked up both boys, sack lunches and 30 cupcakes and headed to a playgroup. Ten moms (most of whom were previously strangers to Scott) and about 20 children showed my hubby a great time that morning, and he was the hit of the party.
-Round 2 of the stomach bug involved poor Sawyer James. Scott calmly held our sweet boy for hours between his bouts of sickness (I got the job of cleaning!) and slept right outside his door for the rest of the evening.
-On Sunday, Scott was determined to create a "pake"...a pie embedded in a cake. His motivation and determination was quite a sight, and the pake was DELICIOUS! Chocolate always makes a family happy!
-Scott recently submitted an article to the journal, Evolution. This paper has been the outcome of several years of hard work, and I am so proud of his success.
-I can't forget to mention that Scott brings a smile to my face and makes me laugh each and every day.

Scott, my cup runneth over...



A delicious piece of "pake" is featured below!

2 comments:

Trish said...

I am so proud of the Dad he has become!

Lori B. said...

How sweet! "Pake"....Scott is a dang genius!