Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sick!!??

My big boy rarely gets sick (knock on wood), so we were all surprised when he got sick to his stomach a few times on Sunday evening. I worked late that evening, so Scott was charged with clean up duty. He handled it beautifully and said that Jack calmly directed him through the chaos. Daddy did get doused in uck when he lowered Jack from the top bunk...better him than me but don't tell him I said so!

Jack woke up on Monday still a little slow and not quite himself, but most of the day he had a smile on his face. We got to play a few extra games together, read some books, enjoy a couple movies and do a little artwork. Today he bound out the door for kindergarten, and he's thrilled to be well again for his big field trip to the Golden Dome tomorrow.

I'm so happy he's back to normal, but truthfully Jack's sickness was one of the best parts of my week. These days I'll take any extra time I can get with my big boy.

No comments: