Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Oh, brother!

Sawyer and I always have part of the day to ourselves on Mondays and Wednesdays while Jack is at school. We love our alone time, but we're always excited to pick up big brother. Jack often runs to us, and says "I missed you guys!" Frequently, he chooses to hug Sawyer first and then remembers to hug his Mommy.

Yesterday, a thoughtful teacher offered to entertain Sawyer while I trudged upstairs to pick up Jack and his gear. As always, Jack bounded to the door to greet me, but this time he questioned "Where is Sawyer?" I smiled at how quickly he wanted to get downstairs to see his little brother.

Their together times are filled with more and more giggles these days and it's amazing to step back when they don't know that I'm watching and observe them playing with each other. I think they're slowly looking into each others eyes and seeing a lifelong playmate and buddy. Of course, as you read this Jack will be "accidentally" knocking Sawyer over, and Sawyer will be accidentally destroying Jack's wooden block creations.

1 comment:

Sarah Wilson said...

Ah, the ups and downs of sibling-hood. Isn't it the most beautiful AND most terrifying thing to witness. Hugs and kisses to those sweet boys. xo