Thursday, September 15, 2011

KINDERGARTEN!!

Having worked at elementary schools in the past, I was so excited for Jack to begin kindergarten. HOWEVER, I had no idea HE would be this excited! Of course there have been the typical adjustments to going all day and every day, but he couldn't be more in love with kindergarten.

His days are filled with journal writing, kindergarten job assignments, counting the days up to the 100 day celebration, word walls, creative drawing, reading, project studies (family quilts and farms so far), field trips (three in three weeks!), playing with his friends and fostering his creativity. He goes on and on about the "26 friends" he has in class, and he loves all four of his teachers. Scott and I agonized over where to send him for kindergarten, but we are so pleased with our decision...ECDC is amazing!

Of course, I remember when Jack's days were filled with reading with me, going on adventures with me and playing with me. I think I am the one who is still adjusting the most.

Here is a school that Jack and two of his buddies created recently. His teacher left it up for over a day to show others. Jack beamed with pride.

1 comment:

Trish said...

Wow, thnat is quite a creation Jack!