Monday, September 26, 2011

Pelé in Pink

Jack Patrick Egan (and family) were drenched with excitement on Saturday morning...literally! A downpour forced many of the soccer spectators to their cars (including Sawyer, Grace and I), but the 5 year old team also known as Mario's Tigers of Notre Dame stuck it out. Within minutes of my retreat to the car, Scott let me know via phone that Jack scored his first goal of the season...he was in a full stride and nailed it according to Daddy. I didn't see it nor do we have any pictures of it, but here is a blurry photo of the MVP after the game. He discarded his soaking wet clothes and let me wrap him in his Grace's blankets. I guess his euphoria allowed him to overlook the pink.

2 comments:

Trish said...

Good job Jack! I am so proud of you.

Kara said...

He's such a man! Scored a goal in the rain and ain't afraid to wear PINK!