Friday, September 11, 2009

Halloween past




Most nights of the week, we take a walk around our neighborhood after dinner. Jack has really started talking about Halloween and likes to talk with Scott and I about where we trick-or-treated, which houses gave him candy, which house had the barking dog, etc. We're in the process of trying to pick out costumes for the boys, and I looked at the pictures from last Halloween and realized how much has changed in a year...the boys are growing so rapidly, we sold our house and are on the cusp of leaving Nashville and then of course we don't have Grandma and Grandpa in Nashville anymore. The latter of these changes makes my heart ache daily (for myself and for my boys), and we feel their absence in all that we do. Fall in Nashville will be beautiful and loads of fun, but it won't be the same without Grandma and Grandpa.

No comments: