Sunday, September 6, 2009

Let him eat cake...again and again!




So I'll start out by saying that I'm a bad blogger. Okay, a terrible blogger! Don't jump to my defense, just admit it and pester me for updates (if anyone even checks this thing). I saw "Julie and Julia" last night and was inspired to make my updates a bit more regular. I can't promise that they'll be as creative as Julie Powell's or as emotionally touching as my dear friend, Sarah's, but I pledge to at least put something out into the blogosphere more often.

So far starters, as of 8/26/09 sweet Sawyer (aka See-Saw) is one! In the blink of an eye my "little" baby has changed right in front of me. I remember thinking that Jack seemed so old at 1 (funny, huh?), but Sawyer IS still my baby. I love holding on to every last cuddle he'll give me and am secretly happy that he's still unable to walk (or run) away from me just yet. So despite his entrance into toddlerhood, I am going to keep him as my baby for as long as I can.

Here are Sawyer's 1 year stats, likes, and dislikes:
25 pounds and 7 ounces (97% - the boy likes to eat!)
30 1/2 inches (75%)

Sawyer loves:
-being around Jack despite the amount of times he's been pestered over the past year
-eating anything and everything (seriously, I haven't found ANY food he doesn't like)
-"sharing" - passing objects to you when asked
-giving kisses
-playing in his sandbox
-pointing at everything and imitating (as best he can) what you label that item
-the aquarium at the zoo - makes quite a scene as he points and squeals at the creatures!
-reading - current faves - "Toes, Ear and Nose", "So Big, Elmo", "Mr. Brown Can Moo. Can you?", "The Foot Book", "When the Elephant Walks" and any lift the flap books.
-driving his trucks/cars around the house
-trying to crawl under anything no matter the size of the gap
-practicing walking while we all cheer him on- we officially wrote down that today he took his first few independent steps (this occurred a couple times throughout the day)
-manipulating his fork - he's so proud every time he makes it to his mouth
-feeding the ducks and quacking like a duck!
-splashing his hands in the toilet (I'm ashamed to admit that I've caught him doing this a couple times!)
-exploring the inside of the car - my boys both love this!
-bouncing on the trampoline with Jack
-balloons, fans, and vacuums
-dogs of any size or breed - no fear!
-cuddling any chance he can get
-his thumb and Raffa (his giraffe blanket)

Sawyer's not so fond of (a nicer way of putting how he arches his back and hollers at you):
-having his diaper changed
-having his clothes changed
-you preventing him from doing what he wants (a little red head with the loudest scream I've ever heard!)
-being hungry
-the dark side of Jack! :)

We were so blessed to have two wonderful 1st birthday celebrations for Sawyer. The first bash was with our families and some close friends in TX on August 23rd, and then we enjoyed a gorgeous day at the park with our Nashville friends on August 30th. See-Saw loved having cake three times that week, and we loved celebrating this amazing little boy. We feel so privileged to be his parents.

1 comment:

Sarah Wilson said...

Agreed - they are growing up way too fast. Can't wait to see pics of Jack's soccer game. And thanks for the shout-out. Just so you know, I LOVE reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your gorgeous family, no matter how often it is updated. Hugs and kisses to G&L's prom dates. xo