Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On the road again

















Here is a very belated peek at a trip our family took to Chatanooga this summer. We all had an amazing time exploring the city again and visiting the children's museum, the aquariums and a AAA baseball game. I was thinking about some of our travels as a family this afternoon because tomorrow morning I fly out bright and early for my cousin's wedding in Tucson, AZ...by myself! Packing for one and traveling alone will feel so simple! What do people do on airplanes when they don't have children? I know Scott and the boys will do wonderfully this weekend (their blessed to have Grandma here until Friday afternoon) and being with my extended family will be a blast, BUT I am going to miss the smiles, hugs, laughter, questions (!) and company of all three of my boys. Absence...and impending absence...makes the heart grow fonder.

On another note, we're having a wonderful time with Grandma in town! The boys can't get enough of her, and Jack sobbed today when he left for school because he didn't want to be away from Grandma. Thankfully, he calmed down and was thrilled to be discussing apples and bakign apple pies today with his class, but I know both boys (and their parents) can't get enough of Grandma this week. Pictures and stories to come...


















No comments: